The Colombian National Team celebrated a victorious start on their journey to the 2026 World Cup, which will be hosted by the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Their thrilling 1-0 triumph over Venezuela in Barranquilla, thanks to a goal from Rafael Santos Borré, left fans with a sense of optimism. However, it also raised awareness of areas that Néstor Lorenzo’s team needs to enhance and strengthen.
Looking ahead to the second round of qualifiers, the spotlight will be on the Chilean National Team, led by Eduardo Berizzo. Chile faced a challenging debut and found themselves outperformed by Uruguay under the guidance of Marcelo Bielsa. Eager to reverse their fortunes, Chile is determined to reclaim lost ground when they face ‘the Tricolor’ on their home turf.
For Colombian football enthusiasts, the upcoming showdown against ‘La Roja’ offers an array of viewing options, with several Colombian channels holding the rights to broadcast the game on both open-air television and digital platforms.
Here are the details you need to know for watching Chile vs. Colombia on the second matchday of the 2026 Qualifiers:
Chile vs Colombia kick-off time & stadium
|How to watch||Live Link|
|Date:||September 12, 2023|
|Kick-off time:||8:30pm ET|
|Venue:||Estadio Monumental David Arellano|
The CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers match between Chile and Colombia will be played at the Estadio Monumental David Arellano in Macul, Chile.
It will kick off at 8:30pm ET on September 12 in the United States (US).
Traditionally, Caracol Televisión has been the go-to channel for following the Colombian National Team’s journey over the past decades, becoming a cherished tradition for fans. However, ahead of the 2026 orbital event qualifiers, Canal RCN has also entered the fray. With no exclusivity in the contract with the Colombian Football Federation, both channels will bring you the thrilling matches.
As Colombian football continues its exciting journey towards the 2026 World Cup, fans can relish the competitive spirit and enjoy their favorite team’s matches through multiple broadcast options. Stay tuned and show your support for the Colombian National Team as they strive for glory on the world stage!
Team News and Squad Previews: Chile vs. Colombia
As the anticipation builds for the upcoming clash between Chile and Colombia in the 2026 World Cup Qualifiers, let’s take a closer look at the expected line-ups and the squads at the disposal of both teams.
Chile Team News:
- In the wake of their defeat against Uruguay, the experienced Arturo Vidal, who made his mark in that game, is likely to secure a spot in the midfield, potentially displacing Charles Aranguiz.
- Dario Osorio, who made a significant impact coming off the bench, may earn a starting position, possibly replacing either Alexander Aravena or Marcelino Nunez in the forward line.
Chile Possible XI: Courts; Mehssatou, Medel, Marzipan, Suazo; Osorio, Vidal, Thumb, Brereton; Nunez, Valdes
Chile Squad: Goalkeepers: Fields, Arias, Smoke, Carreno Defenders: Maripan, Suazo, Kuscevic, Galdames, Mehssatou, Medel, Delgado, Catalan, Soto, Diaz, Gonzalez, Gutierrez, Loyola, Villagra Midfielders: Alarcon, Nunez, Vidal, Osorio, Thumb, Mendez, Valdes, Echeverria, Aranguiz, Assadi, Canales, Chamorro, Fuentealba, Perez, Pizarro Forwards: Aravena, Bolados, Brereton Diaz, Sanchez, Montes, Alfaro, Guerrero
Colombia Team News:
- Colombian manager Nestor Lorenzo is likely to retain Jhon Arias in the midfield following his impressive performance against Venezuela, where he provided an assist.
- Rafael Santos Borre, who found the back of the net with an Arias assist, will aim to add to his goal tally.
- There’s curiosity around whether James Rodriguez will earn a starting spot, potentially replacing Mateus Uribe.
- The defensive duties will rest with Yerry Mina and Jhon Lucumi.
Colombia Possible XI: Vargas; Munoz, Mina, Lucumi, Machado; S. Arias, Lerma, Rodriguez; Square, Borre, Diaz
Colombia Squad: Goalkeepers: Montero, Vargas, Vasquez Defenders: Lucumi, S. Arias, Machado, Mina, Mojica, Munoz, Sanchez, Cuesta Midfielders: Barrios, Carrascal, Rodriguez, Square, Uribe, Lerma, J. Arias, Quintero, Rios Forwards: Cassierra, Diaz, Sinisterra, Duran, Borre, Cordoba
- Sep 9, 2021: Colombia 3-1 Chile (CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers)
- Oct 13, 2020: Chile 2-2 Colombia (CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers)
- Oct 12, 2019: Colombia 0-0 Chile (International Friendlies)
- Jun 28, 2019: Colombia 0-0 (4-5 pen.) Chile (Copa America)
- Nov 10, 2016: Colombia 0-0 Chile (CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers)
With an exciting history of encounters between these two teams, fans can expect a thrilling match as Chile and Colombia battle it out for supremacy on the football field in the 2026 World Cup Qualifiers.