FIU vs. Louisiana Tech Live Stream: How To Watch College Football week-0 Start Time Tv Info, As the sun dipped low on the Louisiana horizon, signaling the approach of twilight on Saturday, August 26, 2023, college football fans from Ruston and beyond eagerly made their way to Joe Aillet Stadium. It was a date marked in red on the calendars of both the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs and the Florida International Panthers, who were about to engage in a fierce CUSA battle to kick off their respective seasons.
The stage was set for a showdown of two teams looking to put their struggles of the previous year behind them. Louisiana Tech, with its 63rd-ranked offense, had averaged 391.9 yards per game but had suffered on the defensive side, ranking seventh-worst by allowing a staggering 468.8 yards per game. The Bulldogs were determined to shore up their defense and make their mark in the Conference USA.
Florida International vs. Louisiana Tech Game Info
- Date: Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Start Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo
- City: Ruston, Louisiana
- Venue: Joe Aillet Stadium
On the other side of the field, Florida International had faced a challenging season, ranking 17th-worst in total offense with 322.5 yards per game and 14th-worst in total defense, allowing 451.9 yards per game. The Panthers knew they had their work cut out for them, and they were eager to show that they could rise to the occasion.
For fans unable to make it to the stadium, the game was set to be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, ensuring that college football enthusiasts across the nation could tune in to witness the action unfold. And for those looking for the utmost convenience, Fubo offered a live stream of the game, allowing fans to catch every tackle, pass, and touchdown from the comfort of their homes.
As the teams warmed up on the field, the key statistics from the 2022 season served as a reminder of the challenges they faced:
Florida International (2022):
- Offensive Yards Avg. (Rank): 322.5 (119th)
- Defensive Yards Avg. (Rank): 451.9 (108th)
- Rush Yards Avg. (Rank): 103.8 (119th)
- Pass Yards Avg. (Rank): 218.8 (85th)
- Turnovers (Rank): 19 (74th)
- Takeaways (Rank): 16 (84th)
Louisiana Tech (2022):
- Offensive Yards Avg. (Rank): 391.9 (78th)
- Defensive Yards Avg. (Rank): 468.8 (117th)
- Rush Yards Avg. (Rank): 124.7 (99th)
- Pass Yards Avg. (Rank): 267.3 (33rd)
- Turnovers (Rank): 23 (114th)
- Takeaways (Rank): 22 (22nd)
As the teams took the field, all eyes were on the players who would be making a difference for their respective sides:
Florida International Stats Leaders (2022):
- Grayson James, the quarterback, averaged 163.5 passing yards per game with 11 touchdowns and contributed 18.6 rushing yards per game with three rushing touchdowns.
- Lexington Joseph averaged 44.7 rushing yards with five rushing touchdowns.
- EJ Wilson Jr. ran for two touchdowns on 275 yards.
- Tyrese Chambers averaged 45.3 yards on 4.2 receptions per game and scored four receiving touchdowns.
- Rivaldo Fairweather caught 28 passes for 426 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Kris Mitchell grabbed 24 passes for 352 receiving yards and four touchdowns.
Louisiana Tech Stats Leaders (2022):
- Parker McNeil, the quarterback, accumulated 1,908 passing yards with 18 touchdowns.
- Marquis Crosby took 183 carries for 917 yards and scored nine touchdowns.
- Charvis Thornton ran for 464 yards with three rushing touchdowns.
- Tre Harris hauled in 66 catches for 954 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- Smoke Harris caught 65 passes for 635 yards and five touchdowns.
- Cyrus Allen grabbed 23 passes for 509 yards and four touchdowns.
The air was electric with anticipation as fans donned their team’s jerseys and settled into their seats. It was the dawn of a new season, and both the Bulldogs and the Panthers were determined to start it on the right foot. The sun had set, the stadium lights blazed to life, and the roar of the crowd signaled the beginning of what promised to be a thrilling night of college football.